sabato 3 settembre 2016

Doesn't mean you can't fail.

 - Look, Jimmy, if you're that freaked out, we can just unsay it, okay? Poof! Unsaid.
- I'm not gonna start pretending. I might as well start pretending there's a person who lives in the clouds who cares whether we survive cancer or not.
We are strangers, Gretchen.
- Bullshit. We know each other.
- Well, not really. We live together, we trust, blindly. But it's based on what?
It's actual madness, willingly living with a wild animal but one with thumbs who can steal your money and hurt you emotionally.
- So what changed? Why are you suddenly so freaked out now?
- What? I don't like that. Stop doing that!
- That's why you've been asking me questions all day? You never cared enough to ask before. Sam was right. You are showing me, not telling me.
- Listen, those words... they're like a-a verbal contract. They're a promise. And I am not ready to make that promise.
- If "I love you" is like a promise, it's just a promise to, like, try real hard. Doesn't mean you can't fail.
- It doesn't?
- Have you met me? The only way I can stomach any of this is knowing I can just bail at any time.
- We can just... bail?
- Yeah. I always have one foot out the door. With everything. Especially with us.
- So you might just suddenly bounce?
- Any minute.
- I love you.
- Jimmy.
- Come here.
[YrTW]

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento